Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Pirate's Life for Me!


I was honored to make a birthday cake - the very FIRST birthday cake! - for one of my mama friend's little boy, Porter.  The order was for something pirate-themed, and delicious, of course!





This is a double-layer yellow butter cake with raspberry mousse filling and 
traditional buttercream frosting.  










Porter's Mama also requested a little personal cake for him to smash, for photos and so forth.  
What a great idea!










Happy First Birthday Porter!


Thank you for letting me be a part of this special day!


This cake turned out beautifully, and I am looking forward to filling more creative birthday orders in the future.  Feel free to contact me via Facebook or email for availability, pricing, 
and any other questions you may have.


Also, I couldn't possibly have filled this order without the help of my wonderful, gracious, and logically-minded husband, Jimmy.  Thank you, honey, for keeping me grounded, and keeping the baby occupied!   


3 comments:

  1. Dara, that is really awesome! Good job! And this cake will taste good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! Great job, Dara!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked even better in person! You did a fantastic job! We would like to book you for a cake on April 16.

    ReplyDelete